Thursday, March 24, 2011

Ali Bastian: I wish I bought the dresses I wore on Strictly


Actress Ali Bastian, 28, made her name as Becca Dean in Hollyoaks, before playing PC Sally Armstrong in The Bill. She has appeared in Strictly Come Dancing. She lives in West London and is currently starring in a tour of Agatha Christie drama The Verdict.
Sparkle: Actress Ali Bastian loves dressing up
Sparkle: Actress Ali Bastian loves dressing up
I’ve loved clothes since I was a little girl. I used to drive my mum crazy by putting on fashion shows, using everything I could find in her wardrobe. 
Mum has amazing clothes, but is also quite ruthless about getting rid of what she doesn’t wear. 
As a teenager, I’d help her sell her clothes at car boot sales. But I have held on to a salmon-pink sequined top of mum’s, from the Seventies — I wear it in the summer, whenever pink sequins are called for. 
I’m the opposite of my mum, I’m a terrible hoarder. I have three wardrobes which are on the verge of exploding with clothes. I tend to think styles will come around again, so I hold on to things. 
‘I’ve learned a lot of fashion lessons from my mum, who has quite a classic, elegant style. I like looking at high fashion on other people, but I prefer simple lines, neutral shades and I don’t often wear patterns. I wear a lot of black, navy, white and taupe but I’m trying to experiment with colour.
I’m not afraid of investing in a garment, even when it’s quite expensive. 
However, I’m the kind of girl who falls in love with something, then wears it until it falls apart. 
Topshop and River Island are two of my staple stores, and I really like French Connection, too, especially for little party dresses.
 I’m currently on a theatre tour, which is brilliant, because I’m on stage at night and have all day to myself, so I’ll take myself off around each town and seek out its boutiques. 
I like to keep clothes I’ve worn on TV shows and I’ve kept my tie from The Bill. I’ve still got the jeans and tops I wore on Hollyoaks, too.
I trust the judgement of stylist Riece Forde, who sometimes dresses me for special occasions, such as the Bafta awards.


Related Posts by Categories

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...